It’s been a year now since we went live with the Katanning EcoHouse website – and what a year it’s been!
The objective of the Katanning EcoHouse website and associated small business is “Leading, teaching and inspiring for a sustainable future” – we hope to help others reduce their environmental footprint, and have some fun along the way!
So, what have we achieved in the last 12 months? Here’s the (quite impressive) list!
- 1794 visitors to our website have recorded 7153 page views.
- 6 radio interviews and 2 podcasts.
- 2 ABC Online news stories, including a short film.
- Presented our sustainable living journey to more than 50 people at the Green Skills Sustainable Living Expo, Albany.
- Taken 61 people on tours through our eco-house.
- Taught 12 people better shopping habits on a Low Waste Shopping Tour.
- Ella won the Australian Young Landcare Leader award, presented in Melbourne.
- Had a stall at the Katanning Eco-Fair.
- Established the @KatEcoHouse Twitter account.
- Commenced work with Katanning Landcare on the 10 Week Bin Transformation project (due to launch in September).
And in the pipeline we have coming up:
- EcoHouse Tour this Saturday 10th June, 10.30am (join us!).
- A story in ‘Earth Garden‘ magazines Spring 2017 edition about our strawbale build.
- A Low Waste Shopping Tour in September as part of Katanning EcoWeek.
- Discussions underway with ‘That’s Life’ magazine for a story on low waste living.
- Delivery of the 10 Week Bin Transformation, including a contract for Katanning EcoHouse to mentor participants on their waste reduction journey.
Hopefully over the next 12 months we can reach even more people! Can you help us do that?
- Follow our blog,
- share our news stories,
- tell your friends,
- attend an event or workshop with us, or
- (better yet!) hire us to speak at your next event or run a workshop in your own community!
Hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for all your support in our first year 🙂
Love E, D, Z & Q